The Turkish land has so much to see or do, from appreciating the historical richness and heritage to enjoying the water sports, winter sports, from shopping across the Istanbul markets to enjoying the opera, from hiking and climbing to walking the green trails, Turkey has something for everyone.
Situated between the continents of Europe and Asia, Turkey seems to have the best of both with it. Turkey is a developing country that also borders with the Middle East. Deciding to Holiday in Turkey is a perfect thought, especially, if you are interested in knowing its ancient and historical background as well as its archeological treasure. The first ruler of this land of Turks was Kemal Ataturk.
Things to do in Turkey
When visiting the Turkish land for a holiday in turkey, there are numerous things you can do to make your holiday a memorable one. These are:
– You can enjoy the adventure loaded activities like water sports in the Mediterranean and Aegian resorts, such as windsurfing, diving, water rafting sailing and water skiing.
– You can do mountain climbing, rock climbing on the famous mountain ranges like the Kackar Mountains (in Black Sea region) and Mount Ararat (in eastern Turkey).
– You can go shopping in Istanbul grand bazaar as well as along the streets of up market Nisantasi and Istiklal Caddesi (Pera). The Istanbul Grand Bazaar (Kapalicarsi) is known as world’s largest and biggest covered market.
– You can also go skiing and trekking in Turkey as part of your Turkish holiday. The Lycian Way stretches to 500 km and is between Fethiye and the Antalya, offering a great trekking region along with amazing greenery to add to the trekking experience. You can also go skiing in various resorts such as south of Bursa, Palandoken, Erciyes and many more.
– Play golf, with various golf courses available accross the resorts and the main golfing area being in the Belek Mediterranean resort.
– Do not forget to relish the Turkish bath in your Turkish holiday; these are famous as ‘Hamam’. The best of hamams are situated in the Istanbul, such as Cagaloglu Hamam (Sultanahmet) and Galatasaray Hamam (Beyoglu).
– If you are visiting in the months of June and July for your holiday in turkey, do not miss the Ballet festival and Aspendos International Opera.
Things to see in Turkey
Some of the top most Turkish attractions not to be missed when holidaying in turkey are Goreme Open-Air Museum, Ancient City of Ephesus, Kaymakli, Turkish Hamams, Blue Mosque (Sultan Ahmet Camii), Swan Bar, Topkapi Palace, Kapadokya Balloons, Yerebatan Sarayi (Underground Cistern), Sultanahmet District, historic town of Safranbolu, Ishak Pasa Palace, Lake Van, Mediterranean city of Antalya, Bodrum, Bosphorus suburbs, Sumala Monastery (54 kms from Trabzon) and more.
Visit Turkey in winter if you wish to enjoy your Turkish holiday with winter sports. But if you wish to holiday in turkey while enjoying the sun, sand and beaches, make sure its summer when you holiday in the land of Turks.